Friday, July 16, 2010

Another Birthday Another Let Down

Every birthday I have had since I was a child has always been a major let down. It's probably one of the main reasons I don't want to have anymore.

I remember when I was little that my mom always said we couldn't afford a party for me, and yet every year she'd buy something expensive for herself. The fortunate thing is that is no longer the case since we don't live together.

Since I started throwing parties for myself or others they never pan out. It was that way for any party in high school, all my birthdays, my baby shower, Kayleigh's baptism, etc. The only successful party I threw was my wedding...no shocker, expensive food and alcohol!

Well the latest let down, my best friend April has somewhat canceled our weekend. She's still coming down, and I still get to see her. However, instead of staying the night on Friday and Saturday, she's coming down on Saturday and leaving on Saturday. I haven't seen her since my baby shower over 6 months ago, so I'm really bummed. I know I should be very happy to see her regardless, but I'm still pretty bummed.

Oh well, another year, another birthday, and another let down.....

No comments:

Post a Comment